Skip to main content
Question

Voicemail

The phone used to be a Telus phone and now I can't access voicemail because of that everytjing else works fine talk and text. Is there a way to access voicemail like turn it off somehow?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

to access your voicemail you can do so by just calling your own phone number. You will then hear the automated message to either put in your pin or setup a voicemail. If you don’t want to have a voicemail box anymore, a rep can remove the feature. Just be mindful that people won’t be able to leave you voicemails anymore 🙂👍

Hi thanks for the advice but when I tried that it sends a text saying I've entered an incorrect phone number. Just wondering if there was a way to delete the telus crap off this phone it seems to be blocking me from setting up voicemail

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Weird, when you dialed your own number, did you also include the area code? And has it been a while since you switched to Koodo or is it fairly recent?

I did include the area code. I've been with koodo for a while the voicemail worked fine with my previous phone I think because this used to be a Verizon phone I can't access voicemail for some reason everything else works fine

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmm possibly. In that case can you reset your network settings and see if the issue persists? This tends to fix a lot of problems (it also clears any old Telus connections). If it doesn't you may need to setup a call back for a rep to setup the voicemail for you which would hopefully then let the phone access it if it is already setup.

Ok I'll try that thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did include the area code. I've been with koodo for a while the voicemail worked fine with my previous phone I think because this used to be a Verizon phone I can't access voicemail for some reason everything else works fine

Can you use your old phone and access your voicemail?

If so you can disable your voicemail...

To deactivate your voicemail, follow the steps below:

1. Call your voicemail by holding the number 1 on your dial pad
  2. Select option 3 to "Manage your greetings"
  3. Select option 4 to "Manage your Extended Absence Greeting"
  4. Select option 2 to record an Extended Absence Greeting if you don’t already have one
  5. If you have an Extended Absence Greeting recorded, select option 4 to turn on Extended Absence Greeting
  6. Select option 5 to block callers from leaving a message after hearing the Extended Absence Greeting