Koodo Community
Question

Voicemail

• 2 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Hey. I’ve noticed that if someone calls my cell number when I’m not in service or in bad service, they can leave a voicemail but there is no record in the recent calls. When leaving a voicemail, it has their name and no phone number (they assumed I could see it in the call logs). Is there a way to call them back or find out what their cell number is?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried to log into your self-serve and check minutes usage? normally if the person called you and forwarded to your voicemail, that number should showed up there. In some cases, if they chose to hide their number from their end, you wouldn’t see it unfortunately.

I have. It only shows calls I made earlier in the day. Apart from the voicemail, there’s no record they called. Pretty sure it’s not a hidden number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have. It only shows calls I made earlier in the day. Apart from the voicemail, there’s no record they called. Pretty sure it’s not a hidden number.

Was the call, that you questioned, happened today? If so, there were a delay of in  call reporting. In my selfserve, I can only see incoming/outgoing calls from yesterday.

Yes, it was from this evening. I can see earlier calls from the day and calls from after the voicemail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, it was from this evening. I can see earlier calls from the day and calls from after the voicemail.

So i tested it myself and indeed the calls didn't show up in selfserve.

However, I found a way to find the number of the caller who left the voicemail. Dial your voicemail by pressing 1 or call your own number → play the voicemail→ select the option 5, it will tell you the number of the caller

I tried that like you suggested, but it only gave me the callers pre-recorded name. It wouldn’t give me the phone number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When reviewing your messages, press 8 to reply.  This will allow you to send a reply back.  When I did it, it said the number it was sending to, but it will likely say the name for you.  In this case you can at least send a reply message that you do not have their number.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/voicemail