Koodo Community
Solved

Upgraded phone, keeps crashing and restarting

• 3 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I recently upgraded my phone to a refurbished S21 Ultra.  I like the phone, the camera is great.  3 days after using it, I had to install 7 updates to the phone.  I thought that was odd considering all refurbished phones are inspected etc. so I thought it was up to date.  After the new updates, the phone will restart itself almost once a day.  I will be using an app, such as Facebook or Instagram and it crashes and then restarts.  I found the feature in settings where you can turn on or off the phones capability to restart on its own if deemed necessary.  I turned that feature off and it will still restart after an app crash.  I've had Samsung phones for years and have been with Koodod for over 12 years.  I've purchased refurbished phones in the past but I've never had these issues before.  I'm on day 16 of when I purchased the phone online, even though I've had it for less time due to shipping.  I'm just wondering if it's worth returning and trying again.  Did I get a lemon of a phone ?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 3 April 2024, 06:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can try a factory reset but I would lean more towards you got a bad one.

You can return it within 30 days if purchased online and get a new one (given stock is still available).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I recently upgraded my phone to a refurbished S21 Ultra.  I like the phone, the camera is great.  3 days after using it, I had to install 7 updates to the phone.  I thought that was odd considering all refurbished phones are inspected etc. so I thought it was up to date.  After the new updates, the phone will restart itself almost once a day.  I will be using an app, such as Facebook or Instagram and it crashes and then restarts.  I found the feature in settings where you can turn on or off the phones capability to restart on its own if deemed necessary.  I turned that feature off and it will still restart after an app crash.  I've had Samsung phones for years and have been with Koodod for over 12 years.  I've purchased refurbished phones in the past but I've never had these issues before.  I'm on day 16 of when I purchased the phone online, even though I've had it for less time due to shipping.  I'm just wondering if it's worth returning and trying again.  Did I get a lemon of a phone ?

That is possible, but the only problem is that you may not be able to get the same deal if it is a limited-time offer. You should reach out to the Koodo Web Store at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com to initiate the return process. 

Thank you! I have sent an email to start the process