Skip to main content
Question

unable to down load various apps to my Samsung phone due to Telus filtering access.

• 1 July 2024
  • 2 replies

So I have been trying to down load various apps to my phone and my phone is telling me I cannot due to  TELUS corporate IT policy's.  Prime example is I wanted to load the Lotto spot app to be able to check my lotto tickets and  I cannot as I am going through google play store and my phone is telling me I cannot and after trying to trouble shoot the problem I am told that my Administrator (Telus) won’t allow this. I am paying to use my phone  And TELUS has no right to tell me what sites I can use. This filtering Is designed for a corporate system. We the users of these phone plans are not part of your corporate system We are customers. and we want to use out phones as we see fit. Filtering are access to common sites like Google etc.  Fix the problem.  

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

that’s a bit odd. A few questions: is the phone a “work” provided phone or did you sign up yourself? Also, the email that you use to login to the play store, is it a personal gmail account or are you using a Telus provided email address?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a Telus/Koodo employee? if you are, and if you are using it for corporate purpose (email, company app, etc.), they might requires certain restriction on the device.

In any cases, contact your company IT department and ask them directly.