Skip to main content
Solved

texting issues

• 29 June 2024
  • 6 replies

my phone has had texting issues 2 days in a row. messages suddenly stop sending even when there’s full bars and should be no issues. i rebooted my phone and it seems to have fixed it for now but idk how long it’ll be before it happens again. my phone is a samsung galaxy a32 5g. so a little on the older side. any ideas what’s going wrong or is it time to upgrade my phone?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I wouldn’t say it’s entirely uncommon for a glitch like that to happen and a restart fixes it. If it happens more frequently then I would take a look at getting a new sim card but if you don’t notice it again, i wouldn’t worry too much about it!

ok, good to know. thanks. it has a sim card but i guess the sim card could be the problem. i didn’t think of that

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I wouldnt even consider the phone old.
If it does happen again I would check the sim card in another device to see if the issue follows your device or the sim to help isolate the problem

If it does happen again I would check the sim card in another device to see if the issue follows your device or the sim to help isolate the problem

What device? I don't have another phone to test texts with so how would I test for this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What device? I don't have another phone to test texts with so how would I test for this issue?

If you don't have another phone to test, you can visit a Koodo kiosk and ask them replace the SIM when the issue happened again.

The phone itself can also be the culprit though. So make sure you reset network settings of it to rule out that possibility.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would test with a friend, coworker, or family memeber.

Even a rep at the kiosk may swap sims with you to test things