Koodo Community
Question

Reset Network Settings fixes iPhone for a day, only - apple says it's a Koodo problem.

• 22 April 2024
  • 8 replies

We;ve had my wifes Iphone 14 pro max at the apple store twice to find out why the voice is not working all the time when she is speaking. it sounds garbled and faint when she holds the phone to her ear, until she puts in on “Speaker”. then we can hear her fine. She can always hear us fine.

we “reset network settings”, based on the Apple service advice. it worked, but only for about a day, then it went back to garbled and faint when she holds the phone to her ear. but it works fine when she is on speaker.

Apple says to speak to Koodo to fix, as they (Apple Store) did their diagnostics on the phone, and says it is a Network problem, the phone checks out fine.

Can you help with this problem, of my wifes Koodo phone speech being gabled and faint when she holds her phone to her ear and speaks?

Please let me know...thanks very much

I should have stated, that we also removed and replaced the sim, and also restarted the phone to try to fix. But the problem remains.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it works on speaker phone but when using the ear piece then it’s due to the bottom microphone being defective or needing a cleaning.

When you put your phone on speakerphone, it’ll use the other microphones on the device to best get the sound.

Did you bring this up when you were talking with apple? If you show them an example of how the call will immediately be fine as soon as you toggle it to speakerphone and vice versa, this should be enough proof for them to realize it’s not a network problem and for them to fix the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @willieo 

Does the voice issue persist with any call your wife makes?

Has your wife tried to use her sim in a different phone to check if the issue persist? Or if possible to testt another sim in her phone?

I completely agree with you Allan.

Yes I did. I did not believe that it was a Network problem for that reason.

But we also called apple support online, and they also reiterated that it is a network problem, after running diagnostics on the phone, and doing the “network reset”, it worked fine. For a day or two. we did not do anythong with the microphone.

Yes, it happens with any call my wife makes

Maybe I’ll switch phones with her, and switch sim cards. We’ll see how that works.

thanks for the suggestion flo

So I switched sims, reset network settings, and made calls to others with my wifes phone to my ear (not on speaker).

it worked fine. everyone heard me loud and clear.

Is there any Koodo folks on this board that knows why a network reset would enable the microphone to work properly? This really puzzles me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there any Koodo folks on this board that knows why a network reset would enable the microphone to work properly? This really puzzles me.

there might be likely a glitch in your phone settings (settings and not hardware). Hence a clean reset of network parameters will help