Skip to main content
Solved

pretty much over koodo

• 30 June 2024
  • 9 replies

Ok, I know my phone is old lol iphone 7.  Yesterday randomly it stopped sending text messages.  The person I was trying to text also has iphone.  Today I tried to send a picture to someone with android who is on Virgin.  Got red ! saying it’s not delivered.  Tried a different person with android on Telus and got same error.  I’ve googled to try to find an answer.  I’ve reset and turned my phone on and off multiple times and still won’t let me send pic.  Wi-fi is working find for everything else. Tried turning off wi-fi and still get the error.  No setting etc were changed before these issues started so I’m at a loss as to why it randomly started this. 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried resetting your network settings?  Note any wifi passwords and bluetooth connections will be lost

Thanks for the response Dennis.  I’m not sure how to do that.  Plus this randomly started happening yesterday when I was away from my home wi-fi so I’m not sure what is going on.  As you can probably tell, I’m not techy at all.  I did check the messages settings and made sure they were on.  Nothing was changed from previous settings so again, I’m clueless

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For the iphone 7

Settings app > scroll to and select General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > select Reset > Reset Network Settings > select Reset Network Settings again to confirm

Will I lose all my pictures etc if/when I do that?

I’m doing it now.  Fingers crossed

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

you don’t lose any information if you follow @Dennis steps. It just resets your connection to the Koodo network. This may clear saved passwords though for wifi networks, so if your phone isn’t automatically connecting to the wifi just type in the password again 🙂 they aren’t wrong though, this usually fixes a lot of problems with calls and texts etc 👍

Dennis!! You are a life saver.  Worked like a charm.  Thank you so much.  You’ve made my whole day.

Thank you Oliver.  Like I mentioned, I’m not techy at all.  Was worried I’d lose all my pics etc since it has happened before but Dennis’ instructions worked perfectly.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not surprised Dennis is kinda awesome 😎. and no problem at all that’s what this platform is for! I’m glad everything worked out, if you need help with something again feel free to put up a post and the community will help you out 🙂👍