Koodo Community
Solved

poor Data

Userlevel 2

I have no noticed for the past while that the data is very poor in my area LTE is below 12 Mbps and the 5G is just over 12 megabytes per second

icon

Best answer by John Zarubiak 30 March 2024, 14:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

which plan are you on and which phone are you using? Speedtest depends on many factors including your location, the distance and partition between you and the towers, etc.

From your screenshot, your phone had a 2 bar of cellular signal. It can't be an ideal location to get the best up/down link.

Userlevel 2

Precisely my point I am not far from the tower it is less than a kilometer away and very visible from where I live I have a moto Edge 2023 about two or three months old

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Precisely my point I am not far from the tower it is less than a kilometer away and very visible from where I live I have a moto Edge 2023 about two or three months old

I am not sure if I got your point here. So you agreed 2 bar of signal is not ideal or you agreed that your location isn’t the best? 1 km away from the tower wasn’t considered as “close”.

Anyway, this map might provide a more detail about the tower location and its bands https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Userlevel 2

I would imagine two bars is part of the reason that the data speed is low also looking at the picture my phone doesn't really show bars as such last night at 12:30 a.m. I checked the speed and it was up to about 68 the fact of the matter is it is not the location if it's not the other stuff it is just a poor signal that tell us has they are great at bragging about how much coverage they have unfortunately the coverage is not very good we can use all the normal answers that are provided when somebody says this talk to customer service and they were supposed to have somebody check it out they acknowledge that there is a bad signal but when customer service apologizes 10 times and says we will fix it they don't really mean it

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think you made an assumption that signal strength and bandwidth would have to stay the same at all times. If so, that assumption wasn’t correct. At night, apparently the signal can be better as there was less traffic and less interference. That applies to all carriers.

Anyway, their terms of service cover some of your concerns here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/service-terms

Userlevel 2

Yes but 8 to 10 MB is pretty low earlier you said that a kilometer is pretty far from the tower in my experience I have not noticed a tower every couple of kilometers so I don't think that has any relevance on my problem LTE says 100 and it has rarely ever been a hundred. And if there is too much traffic then there needs to be more bandwidth for the customers that sounds like one of the very common answers that I was getting for my internet strangely enough I have a different internet provider bandwidth is the same date night morning evening we are paying a premium and only receiving minimal service??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes but 8 to 10 MB is pretty low earlier you said that a kilometer is pretty far from the tower in my experience I have not noticed a tower every couple of kilometers so I don't think that has any relevance on my problem LTE says 100 and it has rarely ever been a hundred. And if there is too much traffic then there needs to be more bandwidth for the customers that sounds like one of the very common answers that I was getting for my internet strangely enough I have a different internet provider bandwidth is the same date night morning evening we are paying a premium and only receiving minimal service??

Have you talked to other people in the same area to see if they are experiencing the same issues? How about those that are using the Rogers network? If it is better, you may want to consider switching over and trying it out. 

Userlevel 2

Unfortunately if I was to switch I would have to buy out this phone for $800 and yes everybody in this area is not a fan of tell us at all I have been with Koodo for a very long time switching would not be the answer they just need to up their game and keep the technology up more people more bandwidth I am in an area that is not a big city and unfortunately big companies don't care as much (Telus)

If Google was to take my phone back and not charge me then I would gladly switch

Userlevel 2

Unfortunately if I was to switch I would have to buy out this phone for $800 and yes everybody in this area is not a fan of tell us at all I have been with Koodo for a very long time switching would not be the answer they just need to up their game and keep the technology up more people more bandwidth I am in an area that is not a big city and unfortunately big companies don't care as much (Telus)

If Koodo was to take my phone back and not charge me then I would gladly switch