Skip to main content

Tried to port my husband's number from Freedom Mobile to my Koodo account.  (I have my number and this will be both phones under my account).  Anyway, for some reason, his phone now does not recieve calls or texts.  He can call out though.   What is going on? I followed the instructions to port the number and he has a new koodo sim card in his phone.  Message from Freedom says permission was granted to transfer the number. 

It can take a couple hours for the port to fully go through and while it’s going through, incoming calls/texts won’t work.

If it’s not working by the time you wake up tomorrow let us know and we can flag a rep for you.

Have you tried restarting your phone after the port transfer?

Tried restarting the phone to no avail.  Still not recieving texts or calls.  This has been since yesterday morning when we started the whole porting thing.  He has internet service on wifi and when he turns data on, so that is working.   The airplane mode is turned off, so that is not the problem.  Restarting does nothing.  We have a callback scheduled for tomorrow so maybe they can redo the whole porting thing from their end.   I miss the days of calling and getting  a real person to speak to right away....hopefully this gets sorted out tomorrow. 

It is possible that the port transfer was not complete. You can try calling the Koodo porting department at 1-844-232-7678 and see if they can restart the transfer process for you.

Hi @Nikka84 

We have looked into it and we can see the port request has been canceled for the line ending in *60.

If you have the account number from Freedom and the sim card at hand, please let us know and we can send you a PM with more details so we can try and further assist.

I have the account number and sim card. Please send me a PM to try fix this.

@Nikka84 

We have just sent you a PM, please check your community inbox when you get the chance.