Koodo Community
Question

Phone voice mail problem

• 20 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I have an odd problem.  My cell phone is with Koodo and my land line is with Shaw.  An alert is displayed on my landline phones that I CANNOT get rid of (it’s been there for weeks!).   The displayed alert states “Voicemail msg via phone co.”.  If I try “Access” (voice mail) on that phone, it dials my Koodo account password which of course gives me a  “cannot call that number” error message.  It’s as if a call from my cell phone to my home land line left a voice mail that can’t be accessed.

When I try to access the voice mail on my Koodo cell phone, it states that there is no voice mail existing there.   The fact that the land line tries to dial my Koodo password indicates that it IS connected somehow to my cell phone.  Any ideas that I can try to get rid of that displayed alert would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You likely have your Koodo number entered in your home phone as your voicemail number which would be something to be changed in the settings of your home phone.

Have you tried dialing your Shaw number from your Shaw phone to access your voicemail?

Problem solved through Shaw.  They instructed me how to access voicemail through a * number and password.  When I exited after, the alert had disappeared.  Yay!  Thanks for trying to help Allan M.