Skip to main content

I was with koodo for years with a certain cell number (let’s call it Number A).

About two weeks ago I switched to another provider to get a better deal. A few days later, Koodo called me with a better deal to try to get me to switch back. I agreed and we set up a new account and they mailed me a new SIM card. 

I used Koodo assist to schedule a callback to merge my then dupilcate accounts and assign the new SIM card to my new number. I had to end the call before I could actually put the new SIM card in, because otherwise the call would have dropped, but he said it would work once I responded to thier text to give permission for the transfer (which I did).

I now have the new SIM in and I can make phone calls but can’t receive phone calls or send or receive texts.

I can’t figure out how to contact Koodo because their phone number doesn’t have an option to talk to a real person and I can’t schedule a callback because I can’t receive calls! 

Hi @SBphone 

We have looked into it and based on the info we see on our end, it looks like the port didn’t go through as there seems to a mismatch with the details provided in the request.

We recommend calling 1-844-232-7678 from your Koodo phone so a rep can look into it.

Please make sure you have the account number from the old provider at hand.

Every time I call I go through the process of putting my info in, wait on hold and then it says “sorry, something went wrong, Please try again later”

@SBphone Do you still have the sim card from the old provider or an alternative number to schedule a call back?

I’m not sure if there is a number currently attached to this account. 
I could put my SIM card in from the old provider, but how is that going to be any different than when they tried it yesterday?

They will just reinitiate the port and speak to the mismatch info that Flo mentioned above.