Skip to main content

Hi there,

My wife and I have both had this issue over the last few days where our phones seem to be really quiet or cutting in and out while speaking on the phone and yet it works perfectly while calling through Whatsapp.

We’ve both restarted our phones on multiple occasions and it doesn’t seem to help. I’m wondering if there’s a network issue with Koodo or if anybody has an idea as to why this is happening?

Hi @Footy4life 

Does this happen in different places/areas or only at a specific location?

Different places. But only when making a phone call. Whatsapp phone calls work totally fine in the different areas we've tried regular phone calls

Is this with regardless who you speak with? Is this happening consistently?

Consistently with everyone we call or who calls us.

Consistently with everyone we call or who calls us.

Which phone model are you using? Was the phone from Koodo originally? Have you tried to reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help?

Samsung S20 FE (from Telus originally) and an S23 bought this year in May from Samsung directly. 

We just did a network settings reset and will advise if that fixes the problem.

The network reset worked! Thank you so much! Is there an explanation as to why that worked? Is there something we did that caused this issue to occur?

The network reset worked! Thank you so much! Is there an explanation as to why that worked? Is there something we did that caused this issue to occur?

Glad to hear a network reset worked for you. Sometimes, an update of firmware or Google system update (as your phone wasn’t from Koodo originally) can tweak a settings within the phone, leading to calling issue. It is hard to pinpoint the exact cause though. Usually a reset network would help to make sure your phone had the latest network parameters from Koodo.