Skip to main content
Question

Oneplus Nord N30 5G WiFi Calling Support

• 18 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello all,

Just curious to know if anyone else that has this phone managed to get WiFi calling working on it? There is no switch present in the menus and I’m presuming that Koodo likely doesn’t have this model whitelisted on their system as the reason.

I tested this out by swapping SIMs from a OnePlus 12R on Telus and was able to enable WiFi calling with the Koodo SIM in the 12R. No WiFi calling with the Nord using the Telus SIM.

Not the biggest deal as the phone needed upgrading anyway but wanted to ask and haven’t found anything pertaining to this particular model. VoLTE does work however which got rid of the stupid $3 3G network charge.

Thank you in advance!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

if the option hasn’t presented itself after meeting koodo’s criteria, it’s usually for two reasons.

1. You need to update the software of the device to one that has the WiFi calling feature.

or the most likely reason

2. Certain One plus phones are not supported by Koodo’s VoIP protocols.

This is actually the case for a lot of Canadian carriers for device brands that are not sold by the company themselves and various international brands. Similar problems have come up for people in the past for models such as the Huawei P30 Lite and various Xaomi phones as well, they just don’t seem to be given access to that feature. Double check if you have met koodo’s criteria in the link, though I do believe you’re hit with option 2. I hope this helps 🙂👍

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is not the ideal method, but you may want to try it out. I would highly suggest you to back up your phone before proceeding. https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1284987

Thank you for the responses. I am familiar enough with rooting but since this is my MIL’s phone I’d rather not. Will try calling tech support to see if they can do a reset on the backend just to rule out everything.