Koodo Community
Question

Not receiving an SMS authorisation number from Australian Bank

• 15 February 2023
  • 4 replies

HI all, i’ve seen similar questions and answers, but wondering if there’s anyway of checking if Koodoo is blocking the SMS from the banks phone numbers? I’ve called the bank and my number is listed correctly. I’ve had this number with Koodoo for 6 months and i’m confident i was able to receive SMS codes from this bank previously.  The bank seem to think their number can be ‘blocked’ from sending SMS through. Apparently it can happen. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

HI all, i’ve seen similar questions and answers, but wondering if there’s anyway of checking if Koodoo is blocking the SMS from the banks phone numbers? I’ve called the bank and my number is listed correctly. I’ve had this number with Koodoo for 6 months and i’m confident i was able to receive SMS codes from this bank previously.  The bank seem to think their number can be ‘blocked’ from sending SMS through. Apparently it can happen. Any ideas?

Is the bank sending it by short code? It should be noted that those messages are only available when you are within the country. Have you asked them to send it to your actual number with the country code? 

@MilkyWay what you mean short code?  i will check about what they are sending when i call them again tonight. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MilkyWay what you mean short code?  i will check about what they are sending when i call them again tonight. Thanks

A short code is a special number that is sent by businesses for marketing or promotional purposes. For more details, you can learn about it in the following link. https://www.cm.com/glossary/what-is-short-code

I’m having the same issue with my bank in the US.  I was able to get the texts with my previous Canadian cell phone provider, but now that I switched to Koodo, I’m unable to get them.  Since I can’t complete the required 2 step verification process, I can’t log into my banking app at all.  When I try to troubleshoot, the instructions are to ask my cell phone provider to unblock texts from their number.  The number is a 6 digit number, perhaps this is “short code” but I was able to receive these texts on my Bell phone in January.