Skip to main content
Question

No internet

• 1 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello, I am not sure if you guys have experienced this or not, but my internet's not working. 

I had switched over from Teksavvy to Koodo. June 27th was the selected activation date. 

On that date I installed both the modem and router. 

-The router had no issues and had a solid green light to indicate that it's running normally.

-The modem had all (US, DS, ONLINE) solid green but one that was constantly blinking. The "LAN" indicator was blinking nonstop.

I tried multiple devices trying to connect to the internet but nothing worked.

I contacted Koodo internet assist and was told that the modem needed to deactivated and then reactivated to work and will take 24-48 hours. It's been past that and still no internet.

I have also contacted Teksavvy to confirm that my services with them is cancelled. They did confirm and provided me with the cancellation transaction ID.

So what are my options here? This has been quite frustrating. I've called 3 times already and each time seems like they have no idea how to fix the issue, but told to wait.

Has anyone experienced this? Is activating internet services this complicated and time consuming, where it takes days if not more, past your selected activation date?

Please, advice would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo didn’t own the internet infrastructure and had to rely on other contractor to activate the internet service. In some cases, they have to physically visit your home to activate the service.

In your case, you would have to contact Koodo again and ask a rep to look into it unfortunately. This is the long weekend,  I think there might be some further delay into the next Tue.

Hello have you been able to figure this out? My activation date was July 28th and I had the exact same problem. I have tried factory reset on the phone with a customer rep but nothing work.

They said a technican would come to help out with the internet problem but no one ever came no matter how many time I tried to contact them. It was so frustrating!

Hi Kelsey,

No they haven't, and am still waiting. I called yesterday, and was told to wait. This is quite frustrating. I was told that because Shaw's having issues (Koodo is renting Shaw's infrastructure), a lot of the new customers are having the same issues with internet activation. 

I will give it few more days, and if nothing changes, I will go elsewhere for internet. This is just unacceptable.

Best of luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a Rep to see if there's any more info thst can be found here. Otherwise it will likely require a callback for a Rep specializing in internet service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @C.Y 

We understand the situation is not ideal and we are sorry for this experience.

Unfortunately, we have limited access here, however, we recommend scheduling a call back again in the upcoming days if the internet doesn’t get activated.