Skip to main content
Question

New (to me phone), using old SIM card

• 20 July 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi all,

My old Pixel 6a just died after 1.5 years, so a family member sent me their old Pixel 4 to use until I can get a new phone of my own.  I put in the SIM card to the Pixel 4 from my old Pixel 6a, and I don’t have any service connection.  I restarted the phone a couple times, and waited several hours and still nothing.  I have a koodo callback scheduled for later tonight, but was wondering if anyone had any insight into this in the meantime.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you check for the network selection mode that it is set to automatic or Koodo is on the list of available networks to connect to?

Yes, and 4 different networks come up as available: LTE EXT, 3G EXT, LTE Bell, LTE Koodo.

None of them can connect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, and 4 different networks come up as available: LTE EXT, 3G EXT, LTE Bell, LTE Koodo.

None of them can connect.

Could you reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help?
As well, what was the status on top right of your phone screen? Was it “no sim” or something else?
I also assumed your account was active and there was no overdue amount?

I reset the network settings and restarted the phone and still no progress.

The top right of the screen is just the network bars with a ! by them, indicating no service.

Account is active and no overdue amounts.  

After resetting the network settings, there seems to be more network options available, although still none of them can connect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If there  was an exclamation mark next to the network bar, the phone was connected to a Network but there was no data access. I would try to double check your device APN to see if that was setup properly https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

Regarding the phone, I assumed that phone was working normally, and it wasn’t blacklisted? Was the phone from Koodo originally? If you can, I would suggest you put the SIM card into another phone to see if that can work.

My family member was with Bell previously - not sure if that will make a difference or not at this point?

I checked the APN and the sp.koodo.com APN is all set up properly

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My family member was with Bell previously - not sure if that will make a difference or not at this point?

I checked the APN and the sp.koodo.com APN is all set up properly

You coud try to reset the phone to its default factory and update it to latest Android version to see if that can help.

From the description, phone settings wasn't set properly

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did your pixel 6a die? 

If your family member put their sim in the pixel 4, does it work?