Koodo Community
Question

Need help with my download speed and other..

• 21 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi I just got my koodo internet last week with the 400 speed  but see a few problems.

I have the white wifi boost 6 router ,round  router.

When I do a speed test it is between 380-400 ,all is good there ,the upload speed is 50- 55.

When i actually try to download files from any diffferent place on internet the download speed is 1.2 to 3.1 MBps which is very slow and is what I was getting from my old 100 line.

What is going on with that ,anyone please?

Also in the router whenever i try to put my own channel under 5ghz  ,it reverts my 3 tablets to 2.4ghz,why is that ?

What is the cancellation policy if that comes ? Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Downloading speed depends on the server on the same the side as well. If the server that provided your file/movies/whatever was slow, your download speed would be slow. It happens to all internet providers. 

Regarding the 5gz, make sure your tablet can use 5G bands. Some was limited to 2.4G. you could manually turn off the 2.4 bands with your router settings but that was recommended. Let the router choose the best bands suitable for your devices 

Hi Thanks for reply ,the download speeds were from many sites that I tested ,all the same at the end ,just slow download ,any fixes please?

The 5 g is available on all tablets ,I need the 2.4 ghz for 2 cameras I have .What is the solutiuon for this?

I had rebooted my router by unplugging and plugging it back, the light stayed red solid red,there was no internet, just like the router did not like the password  changes in router .

I had to reset and do the install of router all over .Is this normal?

Your cancellation policies are ?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Thanks for reply ,the download speeds were from many sites that I tested ,all the same at the end ,just slow download ,any fixes please?

The 5 g is available on all tablets ,I need the 2.4 ghz for 2 cameras I have .What is the solutiuon for this?

I had rebooted my router by unplugging and plugging it back, the light stayed red solid red,there was no internet, just like the router did not like the password  changes in router .

I had to reset and do the install of router all over .Is this normal?

Your cancellation policies are ?

Thanks

See this for their cancellation policy https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/how-do-i-cancel-my-koodo-internet-subscription

Regarding the download speed, as I mentioned earlier, it depends on the other end as well. 

Someone mentioned that you should reset the modem to its default factory and try to update the firmware. It might help with connectivity 

Hi is it possible to use our own gigabit router in near future?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi is it possible to use our own gigabit router in near future?

I believe they combine the modem and router into one with Koodo internet. You cannot remove that out of the way and plug another router into the coaxial directly. You could however put your router plug into the existing one and create a better local LAN, if you wish.