Koodo Community
Question

MMS Stopped working with latest Koodo change

• 27 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi Everyone,

I have a Nothing Phone (1) which has been working perfectly since I got it last year. Since Koodo made their change last month, I have been unable to use MMS messaging. So no pictures can be sent or received.

I tried following the fix to update the APN settings, but they were all greyed out and could not be modified. I was however able to create a new APN, which did not fix the issue.

I am at a loss as to why it will not work, and if I cannot get it fixed soon I will have to switch to a different provider, even though I would prefer to stay with Koodo.

Anyone have any additional ideas I can try?

1. phone is up to date with software
  2. new APN was created using settings on Koodo website, did not fix it
  3. changes network to only use 3g (no 3g service in my area) so did not work
  4. turned off RCS chats, did not fix it.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There were several reports in the forum about this. You can find several workaround there. Here is a good link

Yes thank you, I have read through all the posts about this issue but nothing has worked for me so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes thank you, I have read through all the posts about this issue but nothing has worked for me so far.

As you can see from those posts, users who didn't use Koodo supported phones would have to test or wait an update from the manufacturers. There wasn't any proper fix for all phones as of now.

alright unfortunately Koodo is going to lose me as a customer for now then, I will swap to a competitor that still supports my phone.