Skip to main content
Solved

Messed up Transfer. Call out OK/can't receive calls, can't send or receive SMS.

• 2 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Initiated transfer. It was well over 2.5 hrs, so swapped SIM card slots. Next day received an MMS (my phone has trouble with MMS) so ignored it.

Other carrier SIM is 604 number, Kudo was 250 number before transfer.

Now when I call from Kudo SIM it shows up as a 604 number (my previous provider), but I can’t receive calls. Also can’t receive/send SMS. Data works fine.

I put my 604 SIM (other carrier) in a different phone. If I call the 604 number from a 3rd phone it rings on the old SIM, also all the SMS msgs go there too.

Finally, I checked the Kudo SIM card in the phone, and it shows the old 250 number! But when I call from it, it shows up as a 604 number! What’s going on?

I can’t seem to initiate the transfer again, and the stupid chat bot it less than useless.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you login to self serve, what is the status of your number port?

WHen you initiated the port, did you reply YES to the SMS that was sent to your other carrier’s sim?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To add to Dennis, you can check the port status by following these steps:

Login to your self serve, click on self serve at the top, click mobile services, click manage your phone number. It should look like this. 

OK. Had to look to find that section. (If only the bot would help.)

Under Mobile Services > Manage Your Phone Number, I found the correct spot to check. (The online documentation is sorely lacking.)

It says the transfer was cancelled. Probably b/c I didn’t reply (My phone can’t resolve MMS messages so I ignored the message. SailfishOS problem with the phone; it’s  not running Android.)

Should I try again with the bottom option?

Now I get this. Probably since I’ve given my current number as the number to port (koodo shows my current 250 SIM as a 604 SIM).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Exactly 🙂 Just make sure that your previous providers sim is in a phone and respond to the text message within 90 mins. Some more specifics on the transfer process can be found here: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

edit: you will need to call a rep to cancel your previous port request and then initiate the new one 🙂 (I couldn’t type fast enough lol)

OK. Finally some progress. I entered #AssistSS in the chat bot, and scheduled a call back.

Thanks Oliver C, the image helped me figure out the menu.

Frosty

I think part of the problem was that I didn’t get a message within the 2.5 hours, but the next morning. And since it was an MMS, not SMS I didn’t know what it was about. I’ll use an old Android phone for the old SIM until the port clears.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.