Skip to main content
Solved

Koodo Tab Balance Bug

I try to pay off my Koodo Tab Balance.

The Koodo Tab Page Stay Blank Everytime.

This bug still exists and is very disappointing to see as a long-time customer. This information shouldn’t be withheld.

I’ve tried Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Brave. I’ve tried on PC, Macbook, and iPhone. The Koodo Tab page doesn’t load on any device or browser.

The Koodo rep did say they forwarded the issue to be investigated.

In the mean time are you trying to pay off your tab or upgrade your phone?

What they say and what they actually do are ocean's apart. This issue is many years old. That's how bad it is. Starting to think there's something behind it, trying to prevent consumers to keep tabs on their balance to keep charging them after they have paid their phone in full. Hope this shit gets fixed ASAP.

Sorry I just realized that you are not the original poster.

How did you report this issue in the past (over the many years)?

I didn't report it. The issue was so blatant, there was no chance in the world it wasn't already being reported or that someone at Koodo wasn't already aware of it. I figured it would only be a matter of time before it was fixed. I was surprised to come back and see it still wasn't fixed. That's why I came here to report it, but saw a thread already exist so I just commented what my experience was. As a website programmer myself, there's absolutely no way this issue can't be fixed in a matter of minutes. So I hope someome at Koodo do something about it once and for all.

My tab amount is still not showing up . I’ve cleaned out cache and cookies

I've flagged a rep to assist

Hi @devy 

Are you having issues with other sections in self serve or it’s just the Koodo tab page?

Can you please share a screenshot?

How is this not fixed? I tried every single browser, firefox, chrome, and edge with  no luck. I tried incognito, clearing cache (ALL browsing data) and this thing just won’t show up.

I am also experiencing this issue across various browsers on PC, experienced over (at least) several months.  

This will be another stupid case of a rep who knows fuckall of how to do the actual work, will ask stupid questions such as "does it do this elsewhere" as if it wasn't already answered or "can you post a screenshot" as if they can't go see for themselves (almost like they don't have a registered cellphone with Koodo) or that seeing a blank page would give them any hint as if they were Neo seeing the matrix of it through a screenshot. No they will read a manuel for newbies, they will diligently follow it step-by-step and after having wasted everybody's time, then maybe they will find that little braincell that kept evading them that will make them realize "Hey, maybe I ought to communicate this issue with someone who's actually competent".

But hey, let's go on this ride, shall we?

I understand your frustration but this also does not happen to lot of account. The blank tab page is actually not the norm, even though it is the norm for you.

I will flag a rep for you again 

No, this happens to lots of accounts (if not most). That's not how web design works, a "bug" that just happens to a select few as if the bug had its own will. Most people just don't report it. I suspect you can find out your balance in different ways like calling, or by simply looking up your paper contract and see how much more months are left to fully pay your cellphone (usually it's 2 years), and that people are usually content with this. That doesn't fix nor explain the bug for those who wish to be able to look up their balance through their Koodo account.

Just to share my experience that it does not work for me either.

I have been having this issue for months now… this is honestly embarrassing that this issue still hasn’t been resolved.

And yes, I tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox on PC and Chrome on my phone, nothing works. Tried disabling extensions and clearing cache of all of them, still nothing.

I’m also having this problem and have been for a while. Tried Edge, Firefox and Brave on PC and Chrome on mobile with the same result.

This issue is very old, and now we’ve been told for 1 month Koodo reps were notified and the issue still persist. Don’t know how much they are paid, but they deserve much less. I’m seriously thinking about moving on to another service now that my balance is fully paid.

Try a different browser

Also, all the “solutions” are not solutions. We as customers should be allowed to decide which browser and which device we want to use to look at our balance tab. If it "works” on Chrome, it should work on Firefox, if it works on a PC, it should also work on a cellphone. Sheer incompetence.

If you are unhappy, you are free to port to a competitor.

I'm not sure how koodo prioritizes this issue. It is up to you if you decide to continue service with an incompetent carrier. 

Hi @Guap ,

We have contacted the relevant department and created a ticket for this situation. 

We will update you once this will be resolved.

Thank you for contacting us and for your understanding.

I am having the same issue. Tried changing browser, devices with no luck.

Clicked into this post expecting a solution since it is marked “answered”. Going through the comment showed the “answer” didn’t resolve OP’s or people with same issue. So why is it marked answered?

FWIW, it’s a configuration error on Koodo’s side of things.

The Tab page fails to load its content because (this is Safari’s version of the error):

rError] Refused to execute https://www.koodomobile.com/my-account/tab/static/bundle_6e0aeccf017b4a9a2b20.js as script because "X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff" was given and its Content-Type is not a script MIME type.

And this is Chrome’s version of the error:

Refused to execute script from 'https://www.koodomobile.com/my-account/tab/static/bundle_6e0aeccf017b4a9a2b20.js' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.

Refused to execute script from 'https://www.koodomobile.com/my-account/tab/static/styles_6e421bcf57750dc188a1.js' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.

It’s been an on-and-off issue with Koodo’s Self Serve for years, occasionally affecting different sections (this time it’s the Tab page).

I'm not sure how koodo prioritizes this issue. It is up to you if you decide to continue service with an incompetent carrier. 

Unless you need to pay off your tab lmao

Unless you need to pay off your tab lmao

If you dont want to pay off your tab, then why is the tab screen so darn important you need to review it all the time?

I agree it needs to be fixed, but priority might not be the top one

Issue is ongoing for me as well.  You can’t see balance on your invoice either, so there is no way to know???