Skip to main content

My phone stopped allowing my to use  data. I get a message from Koodo saying I am over my data. I have 60 GB and just started my monthly cycle, my account is paid up. I try using self serve and it will not show me my plan information? I requsted a call back but must wait until tomorrow. This is BULLSH!T

Hi @C Butkovich 

We have reviewed the details and we see there was a plan change during the current billing cycle, which led to a plan proration.

When changing the plan in the midddle of the billing cycle, a proration applies and only partial data from the new plan is availabe until the end of the current billing cycle.

As of the next billing cycle, the full 65Gb will be available

More about proration can be found here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration?srsltid=AfmBOooz6oBPjj-FiqBHo-89RA8S4ImNpKW3cLPNvH6xjFO40AzZYty8

You should still be able to add a data top up until the end of the current billing cycle or review the available plans in self serve.

The plan change went from 60gb to 65gb so that doesn’t explain why my data was paused when just under 30gb was used or why it continues to be paused.    You owe me for 3 days of data.   At this point, I’m researching options to switch providers.

@Flo Koodo, @Darius Koodo 
Can you look at why I have been charged ~$315, when my billing cycle has just started? I think it’s got to do with the data chaos of the last few days. Can you confirm that this will be rectified?

Hi @nwacross 

This indeed happened due the plan reset, however, a credit of the extra charges will appear on your next bill.

We are sorry for the inconvenience created!

I didn’t change my plan—maybe Koodo did behind the scenes?—but I am seeing $150 in extra charges AND these are appearing on the bill issued after the data disaster.

WHAT IS HAPPENING

Hi @jmw_3 

This happened due to the plan reset that was made to fix the data issue glitch.

A credit will be applied to your upcoming bill for any extra charges (caused by the data issue) that you may see on the current bill.

We apologize for the inconvenience created!

I have the same issue. Start of a new cycle with one line paused. There are also extra data charges as well.  I've tried turning my phone on and off and it's still the same. 

Hi @ahwin 

We were unable to identify your account based on your community profile.

Are you still unable to use data on your phone? 

Hi @ahwin 

We were unable to identify your account based on your community profile.

Are you still unable to use data on your phone? 

Hi! I still see data paused on my page when I login. I'm able to use data now though. I just want to confirm any extra charges will be credited back to me in next month’s bill? 
Also I'm not sure why I can't access the community via my koodo login. I had to click on a link via google

Following up on my previous post.  I have 4 lines and all appear to have their data back (30gb) however my account still states the data is paused.  My bill for the next cycle does not have the erroneous overage charges which is good but all my plans went up by $5.  I did not recall any notifications about a price increase but looking more closely at my previous bill, I now see the quick little blurb in tiny print at the very end of my bill statement.  I now understand what led to this data fiasco, a price increase gone awry.  

Hi @PRC 

Thank you for following up.

Just to confirm, are you unable to use mobile data?

@ahwin that’s correct, extra charges incurred due to this issue should appear on the next bill.

If you log out from your community account and try loggin back in using your self serve account, are you getting any error?

You can log out by clicking your community profile on the right at the top up and then clikc the Login button and choose to log in via self serve

Hi @PRC 

Thank you for following up.

Just to confirm, are you unable to use mobile data?

@ahwin that’s correct, extra charges incurred due to this issue should appear on the next bill.

If you log out from your community account and try loggin back in using your self serve account, are you getting any error?

You can log out by clicking your community profile on the right at the top up and then clikc the Login button and choose to log in via self serve

Data works now but it still shows as paused when I log in to my account. Just checking to see if that's okay.

Also, for some reason I can't log in to the community with my regular koodo account. It doesn't recognize my pw for some reason. 

Hi @Flo Koodo 

I'm having the same issue.  Network has been pretty choppy lately.  Worst today, where I had no internet connection for the whole day.  I logged onto my Koodo self serve, and it says my data has been paused, and it wants me to add more data, even though I haven't even used half my data yet.  I tried rebooting my phone, and taking out the sim, but nothing changed.

Please advise.

Thx