Skip to main content

My phone stopped allowing my to use  data. I get a message from Koodo saying I am over my data. I have 60 GB and just started my monthly cycle, my account is paid up. I try using self serve and it will not show me my plan information? I requsted a call back but must wait until tomorrow. This is BULLSH!T

I am having the exact same issue. Koodo customer for years with a 60 GB monthly plan. I got a text message earlier saying that I had 100% of my “10 MB of data” and data was being paused. i currently have no data. 

Self-serve confirms that I am on a 60 GB data plan, so what’s going on here?

I wonder if Koodo got hacked, or if they need to bump people off of 5G and get more people back to 4G?

I can’t send SMS text messages currently either. Calls are ok.

I had an issue accessing my plan information earlier (504 error) so something seems wrong with Koodo at the moment--at least where I am.

Same here. Only phone calls getting through. 

Mine is the same too. Got a message saying I used 50% of my 100MB and I have an 85GB plan which restarted 2 days ago. 

We are having the same issue on one of our phones.

Mine is the same too. Got a message saying I used 50% of my 100MB and I have an 85GB plan which restarted 2 days ago. 

Yeah, that’s how it started for me, with a “50% used” message followed quickly by a “100% used” message.  Your data will be cut off if you hit 100% of the arbitrary number that has no relationship to the plan that you’ve paid for.

Hi @Bobmom74 

We have identified an issue and our support team is currently investigating. 

In the meantime, please let restart your phone and let us know if you are able to use data.

Thank you!

It seems to be back up and running. Thank you

And it’s down again

My data is working once again 

My data shows up in the usage now

Hi @Bobmom74 

We have identified an issue and our support team is currently investigating. 

In the meantime, please let restart your phone and let us know if you are able to use data

(1) I got the message “You have purchased more data to be used until the end of your bill cycle.” I am very concerned about the financial implications here, because I did not authorize the purchase of any  new data.

(2) Following message #1, I got a message saying I had used 50% of my 1 MB of data.

I am also showing charges for data usage in the last 24 hours (beginning of the billing cycle). Will these erroneous charges be automatically reversed?

Thank you for confirming @Forestgirl !

@jmw_3 @JNic  @Forestgirl @Bobmom74 

We have reset the plan and data should now be available. If you are still unable to use data, please restart your phone and let us know here if you are still experiencing issues.

The related overages should be credited on the next bill, however, if you see any data overages due to this, please reply to this post or start a new post and we will look into it.

We apologize for the inconvenience created!

I need help us well. Experiencing the same issue. First day of cycle and I should have 50gb of data remaining still. Also got charged by going over 10MB. No one was able to help to assist me. Data balance won't show up on usage tracker (only shows 0). Can someone assist me or kindly give me a phone number to call to. Please and thanks.

I need help us well. Experiencing the same issue. First day of cycle and I should have 50gb of data remaining still. Also got charged by going over 10MB. No one was able to help to assist me. Data balance won't show up on usage tracker (only shows 0). Can someone assist me or kindly give me a phone number to call to. Please and thanks.

I have the same problem.  Been on a call for 1 hour and still can’t resolve this (they instructed I reset my network on my phone...).  My data doesn’t work, my “Usage” tracker indicates 0MB available even though my plan has 30 GB.  Problem started after rate increase on Oct 1, 2024 yesterday.  I’ve tried restarting my phone as well.

Phone calls and text messages work. 

The Koodo “Community” also didn’t allow me to register with my Koodo account.  I had to create a new account.  So if any staff sees this post, my Koodo phone account is the same as the email I used for this Koodo Community account.

Edit:  Technical support finally fixed it after 1.5 hours.  They also had to back date plans to reverse erroneous charges. 

marief_03 wrote Have you tried resetting your phone? Mine worked fine after that. Whether or not that’s a coincidence I don’t know.

I have tried to restart multiple times and not working. Please help. 

Hi everyone!

For those of you who are still unable to use data, can you please restart the phone/ reset the network settings on your phone and then try to connect to internet using your mobile data? 

@Flo Koodo I’m running into the same issue just now. (I guess the monthly billing batch just processed my account lol). My account usage shows 0mb available and the automatic data pause kicked in. 

@Flo Koodo ,

My initial issue was momentarily fixed (above in chat).  I had data.

Now it’s back to data being paused.  I’ve also reset my network and phone multiple times but didn’t help.  My phone browser redirected me, once again, to a Koodo website that indicated I’ve reach 100% of my included 100MB data, with the option to pay more for more data.

Even after technical support got my data to work again, my “Usage” page always showed 0MB available. 

I have same problem data paused wrongly. I'm travelling tomorrow and like everyone else here need this fixed ASAP.

Hi @Flo Koodo

Same issue here, still no access despite a reboot and network reset.

How about the overbilling, anything to do, leave aside reporting?

Thanks

What’s going on? I have 70gb and my cycle just started. Why can’t we reach anyone at Koodoo?  This is ridiculous 😞

Hi everyone!

For those of you who are still unable to use data, can you please restart the phone/ reset the network settings on your phone and then try to connect to internet using your mobile data? 

Not working 😞

Restarted and reset network settings. No joy👎🏾