Koodo Community
Question

Koodo keeps contacting cogeco instead of rogers

• 23 April 2024
  • 7 replies

So, I've tried to sign up for Koodo internet to no avail. The first time, I signed up, got my equipment, and when I tried to set it up, nothing worked. Contacted support, and for some reason, Koodo has my address as serviced by Cogeco, so when Koodo reached out for access, Cogeco advised they don't service my address. 

Right, because my address only has coax internet with Rogers.  So tech support notes the account, says to return the equipment and reorder, and hope they contact the right company this time. Both times I selected Rogers as the current provider. Second time, same thing, they contact Cogeco again. So what gives? Does Koodo not want any business in this massive area of Hamilton that has no fibre cable and also no Cogeco service? Doing a callback doesn't help since they just tell me to reorder......how can they not change this? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Cogeco and Rogers were once sharing infrastructure. I assumed that was the reason why for the issue.

For internet support, I believe you would have to schedule a call back and ask a rep to assist.

Cogeco and Rogers were once sharing infrastructure. I assumed that was the reason why for the issue.

For internet support, I believe you would have to schedule a call back and ask a rep to assist.

I've done this, twice. Each time they just tell me to reorder and hope they contact the right provider. I just can't understand how they cannot create a ticket or something in the system to rectify it. How many times can I order and return equipment 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't know why they told you to return and reorder as it was mostly technical issue at your connection. From the description, it seems they can't contact Rogers for whatever reasons. 

Yeah, I think I'm going to just quit here. Unfortunately for Koodo that's a lot of customers they'll lose, for having the wrong information about the service provider. Oh well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ll flag a rep if there’s something that can be done to change it/improve the issue but if you’re just done, I understand.

I'd love that, there's unfortunately barely any options for internet in my area, especially now that fido won't provide any service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jaym56556643 

As much as we want  to help,  we have limited access when it comes to Internet support.

We’d recommend scheduling a call back, so a rep from the Koodo Internet department can look into it further.

We have noted your account with the info you provided.