Skip to main content
Question

ISO eSIM advice for iphone user in Europe

• 14 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I will be in Europe for 2 months with my iPhone 13 mini and want to avoid Koodo’s extravagant roaming costs.  Does anyone have experience with successful use of a European vendor’s eSIM? 
Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there, 

yup 🙂 I primarily use an app called Airarlo. You can purchase the eSIM package you want and then when you arrive in Europe you just have to connect to wifi and download the eSIM. To avoid fees, I just turn off my Koodo eSIM before I leave Canada. When I used to have a physical Koodo sim, I would just take it out before I left and be all good as well. I’ll leave a link for you to check it out, it really works quite well 🙂👍 

https://www.airalo.com/

Thanks so much, Oliver!  I did discover Airalo and it looked quite favourable.  Now I just need to figure out how to disconnect the Koodo eSIM.  74 year old here 😉.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No problem 😎 if you’re an iPhone user, settings → cellular → (if you have a Koodo eSIM) you will see “turn on this line”, if you hit the green tab next to it the eSIM will turn off until your turn it back on. I’ll add an image too if it helps 🙂 If you have an android phone the process is relatively similar, just do not hit delete sim as you will then need to go and get a new eSIM form a Koodo store lol

Wow - you’ve gone above and beyond - thank you.  I especially appreciate you identifying a step I should NOT take…I need hints like that ☺️.