Koodo Community
Question

internet speed

• 19 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Finally connected all devices to new Koodo  home internet . Run speed test  this are the results

Mbps download

Mbps upload

It should be “up to 100” 

Why it so slow? What could the reason?

2 replies

After I switched to Koodo a couple of mouths ago, I tested my internet connection and it was consistently between 29 and 39 Mbps, though my plan also said “up to 100mbps”.  I went into the Telus store to show them and the clerk said my plan said “up to”, and I said well 2mbps would also be considered “up to” and that would be totally unacceptable.

At that point the other store clerk came over and tried three different speed test apps until he got one that said 100, and that the lower reporting ones weren't reliable.   I find that odd that 3 out of 4 apps would report 29 to 39, but I said I would wait and see.

Over the following weeks, the numbers have improved, got 80 just now to Fast.com, and 97 via the speed test app they installed at the store.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I recommend you try https://www.speedtest.net/ as it had more testing server. As well, make sure when you run speedtest, the testing server is a place close to your home. Test it at different time of the day to see if the network traffic is consistent.

If the speed doesn’t reach 100MB/s for whatever reason, the issue might be the connection itself. You could ask Koodo tech support to check.