Skip to main content

Received modem and booster for self installation of internet. Hooked up to coaxial in bedroom but lights have been flashing green for over 15 minutes. Cycled through all at first but now stuck flashing on DS and US. Has full power. Any idea how long I should wait or do I try another coaxial location?

Seems to be same issue on another coaxial line - even after left +0.5 hours 

Have you tried to reset your modem and router?

I haven’t tried to reset, no. I wasn’t sure that would be applicable given I haven’t had it set up ever (trying to self install for first time). Is it worth resetting even though it’s never connected fully to begin with? 

As a further update: I am in a condo and my old modem (fiber optic) was connected through a communications panel. I see a coaxial splitter in that panel, with an outlet, so ideally I’d put it in there where the old modem was. However, there is no “input” space on the splitter … all coaxial spaces are taken up and appear to run up into the wall. I assume they’re just connecting all coaxial outlets in my bedrooms and office… but nothing in those. I’m wondering about “unplugging” one of the coaxial outputs in the splitter to try putting the modem in my communications panel ?? 

Sorry if not clear - I’m a newbie with this stuff but trying to figure it out!

I haven’t tried to reset, no. I wasn’t sure that would be applicable given I haven’t had it set up ever (trying to self install for first time). Is it worth resetting even though it’s never connected fully to begin with? 

As a further update: I am in a condo and my old modem (fiber optic) was connected through a communications panel. I see a coaxial splitter in that panel, with an outlet, so ideally I’d put it in there where the old modem was. However, there is no “input” space on the splitter … all coaxial spaces are taken up and appear to run up into the wall. I assume they’re just connecting all coaxial outlets in my bedrooms and office… but nothing in those. I’m wondering about “unplugging” one of the coaxial outputs in the splitter to try putting the modem in my communications panel ?? 

Sorry if not clear - I’m a newbie with this stuff but trying to figure it out!

Reset led to same. DS flashes then goes solid. US flashes then goes solid. “Online” flashes then goes solid. LED goes orange then stops then all start flashing for one second and DS and US left flashing - all others go off.

Same before and after reset modem. 

You should schedule a callback through Koodo Assist and ask the rep to schedule an appointment with a technician. https://Koo.do/Chat 

Is it your activation date yet? The boxes usually come a few days before the service actually gets activated.