Skip to main content
Solved

I lost my phone

• 15 July 2024
  • 8 replies

i lost my phone in the river yesterday. what is the easiest way to get a new phone?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

were you still in a two year contract or was the phone paid off? And are you currently on a Koodo postpaid account or prepaid? 🙂

Unfortunately I have 8 months left. I am a Koodo postpaid customer and have been for a long time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok no problem 🙂 so you have a few options. So first, if you have a spare phone or can buy one from a store or friend you can always just head to your closest Koodo kiosk and pickup a replacement SIM card and put it into the device. If you want to just do another two year contract, then you will have to pay off the remaining device tab and tab bonus on your next monthly bill. For that option, you can either order a device through self serve and will take a few business days to show up or you can head to your closest Koodo location and upgrade there today. Two things though, 1. If you order online when you receive the SIM card with the phone you will have to replace it in your self serve before you can use it (same if you just go and pickup a replacement sim for spare phone). 2. If you upgrade in a store, you will also incur a $60 connection fee on the next bill too (you don’t pay this if you order online) 🙂👍

Thank you very much!

So if I go with option 1, buy a cheap phone and a replacement sim card, will I still need to pay off my tab?

If so, i need to pay for a new phone and sim card plus what is left on my contract? 😭

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nope 🙂 you would just need to replace the SIM card in your self serve or have a store rep do it for you. All this does is move your phone number from your old SIM card to the new one, the tab balance will remain for the next 8 months until it’s paid off (you only get charged the tab etc if you sign a new 2yr term before the other one is finished). If you choose to replace it yourself instead of having the reps do it, you can just follow the steps outlined in the link after you pickup the sim 🙂👍

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

Ok so in the end I am still going to have to pay “the old phone” . Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Exactly you got it 😎 To Koodo it’s like nothing has happened and you just keep paying the regular bill for the remainder of the contract. Good luck with picking up the spare phone! If you have more questions feel free to reply here again or start a new thread 👍.