Skip to main content

I got my new Samsung phone.  S24. I clicked disable on something that said it might make some things not work properly.  I was distracted when I clicked it, thinking it was some extra thing that I just don't need... but now, my mobile data, text and phone don't work.  HELP!  I cannot find whatever it was that I disabled.
I can connect to WIFI, but still cannot text or call
When I try to call, it says “Not Registered on Network”

Hi @Sandra KC 

Just to confirm, do you have the old sim card in the new phone or the new one you got the phone with? 

HI, I put in the new SIM card that came with my phone.  I did the “Smart switch” transferring most of my data from the old phone to the new.  I am fairly sure it seemed to be working properly last night after that, but I can’t say for sure if I was ever able to text or call from the new phone.  It wasn’t until this morning that I noticed I can’t call or text, and mobile data not working.

I think I just realised the problem.  The new SIM card was sent with the phone, so I assumed it was already registered as my new SIM card.  I am going to try registering it when I can find the number…

@Sandra KC The sim card that came with the new phone is not active, you’d need other to perform a sim swap using the steps here or use the old sim card with the new phone. 

Yeah, it works now.  😅

I mean, I am not the most tech-savvy, but I’m also not a novice.  It would be nice to get a little reminder that we need to register the new SIM card.  
My new phone is otherwise working great, getting to know it.  Thanks!😊

Yeah, it works now.  😅

I mean, I am not the most tech-savvy, but I’m also not a novice.  It would be nice to get a little reminder that we need to register the new SIM card.  
My new phone is otherwise working great, getting to know it.  Thanks!😊

You should have put the old sim in the new phone.  There was no need to use the new sim if the old sim was working, and your new sim could be used in the future if your old sim was damaged or stopped working.

Because you activated the new sim, your old sim will be permanently deactivated in 30 days (since it has been previously activated)