Trying to find old sms messages to a specific number from 2019

icon

Best answer by Allan M 9 January 2022, 23:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You would have to find the messages in the phone or any phone backup that you have. Koodo didn’t keep sms for that long and their bill didn’t include sent/received texts.

Thanks. I found the Messages App history but it doesnt go back far enough. I think it was on an old phone.

Would Koodo have access to that history?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks. I found the Messages App history but it doesnt go back far enough. I think it was on an old phone.

Koodo doesn't store any text contents. At most they may have the number texted and the time that the text came through but that would be it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you do not have access to the message on your device, you can recover it using a software. However, it will be pricey. Is it something that is extremely important to you? https://www.zipwhip.com/blog/how-to-recover-deleted-text-messages/

I don’t think Koodo would have access to your messages, especially if it goes back to 2019. Even if they do have it, I reckon it will have to be for an extreme situation, especially if you need it to be used as evidence in court.