Skip to main content
Solved

DTMF Touchtone not working

I’m a fairly new customer on Koodo Mobile and have noticed that since I made the switch I’m unable to use touchtone menus on some services including my apartment entry buzzer. I’ve previously had Rogers and Freedom and both worked just fine with the same (Pixel 😎 phone. The issue only started after switching to Koodo. Has anyone else noticed similar issue with touchtone on Koodo? Any resolutions?

Kind Regards,

A

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

so you would have to contact your building manager as the issue would lie with the intercom. However, recently people have had issues with their Koodo and Telus services since the most recent software update (calls dropping, data etc). So I would still ask about the intercom but besides that I’d keep an eye out for the next google pixel software update 🙂👍

Thanks for the quick response Oliver. When I brought this up to my building management the first question they asked was if I was with Telus (Koodo). When I responded yes they said it’s a Telus issue.

I’ve also noticed this on other phone systems. Most recently when I was trying to cancel a car rental, I could not navigate the phone system. Pressing the number key multiple times, holding down the key… nothing. I’ve never experienced this issue on other service providers all within the last 3 months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try resetting your network settings.  This is a common fix for this issue.

Note any saved bluetooth or wifi passwords and connections will be lost.

After resetting your network settings you may want to restart your phone too

Thank you Dennis. I will give that a try 🤞

Try resetting your network settings.  This is a common fix for this issue.

Note any saved bluetooth or wifi passwords and connections will be lost.

After resetting your network settings you may want to restart your phone too

Thanks again for the suggestion, still no luck though. I again talked to building management, who assured me that they have talked to the intercom company and that the system is working properly. Additionally, all complaints to management about the intercom not functioning have come from Telus/Koodo customers. Very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try testing with your sim in another phone?

I will give this a try and report back.

Can you try testing with your sim in another phone?

Using different phone, same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep to see if they have any additional insight 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Pullen 

Sometimes, using a headset can interfere and cause issues, however, I guess it was tested without one as well and had the same results.

We would recommend reaching out to our tech support team in order to further troubleshoot this and they can open a ticket, if it is still required. 

@Darius Koodo you are correct.. I've had this issue with and without a headset. Do you have a link or email to contact the support team?

I couldn't easily find away to contact support through the site. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can schedule a call-back via the Koodo Assist: www.Koodomobile.com/Chat . Just type in schedule a call-back or Speak with an agent , once or twice and it would give you the option to schedule the call-back.