Koodo Community
Question

dropped calls, text messages unable to semlnd andlack of bars and network conection.

• 18 March 2024
  • 8 replies

For the last few months I have been having major issues with dropped calls, texts unable to be delivered multiple times/tries and network connections. Could it be my phone or is it the network? Because it halls been happening everywhere indoors and outdoors also unless I have a good wifi connection it has issues with calls, texts and internet. 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For the last few months I have been having major issues with dropped calls, texts unable to be delivered multiple times/tries and network connections. Could it be my phone or is it the network? Because it halls been happening everywhere indoors and outdoors also unless I have a good wifi connection it has issues with calls, texts and internet. 

That is pretty serious. Have you tried putting your SIM card in another phone to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Yes it's fine in other phones 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes it's fine in other phones 

If it was fine in other phones, the issue could be the compatibility between your phone and Koodo network. Which phone model was it? As well, was it compatible with wifi calling? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

Samsung a53, I'm not sure about compatibility of the phone and newt work but I know it's been 15 months since I got it and about 8 months since the issues started. I know if the wifi is good it helps with calls but I'm not sure if that's in my head or not

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Samsung a53, I'm not sure about compatibility of the phone and newt work but I know it's been 15 months since I got it and about 8 months since the issues started. I know if the wifi is good it helps with calls but I'm not sure if that's in my head or not

Was the device from Koodo? Have you tried to reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help.

As well, when you had issue with calls, how many bar of signal did you have ?

Yes my phone was bought from koodo. I have tried everything trouble shooting has said I even took it to a koodo store to see if they could give me any ideas and they did some stuff with no changes. When I've had the most issues I have had ussually 2+ bars but then the network will randomly drop also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can try another person’s sim card as well, though it seems clear that it’s the phone if the problem didn’t follow with the sim card.

If you were to take it in for a repair, they’d do a factory reset as one of the first steps. So if the network reset changed nothing, I’d suggest backing up your phone and doing a factory reset.

Have the issues been worsening over the past 8 months or just more recently? Did you try the phone’s diagnostic test in Samsung Members app to see if it flags any cellular issues?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure that you have updated the phone to the most recent OS and security patch