Koodo Community
Question

Cannot get inbound calls or texts

• 14 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I recently switched providers, and kept my old cell number. I got the confirmation text from my old carrier and sent YES but never got a Koodo confirmation text. I am able to use the data on my phone immediately and call other people but no one is able to call or text me. I cannot get a sales rep because they *cannot call me*. Note the transfer was also initally done with a Koodo rep in person not online.

Easy solutions Ive tried: I’ve removed the Koodo sim and cleaned the slot and put it back in. Ive turned off my phone.

What do I do in this situation.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems your number transfer wasn’t completed properly. As of now, was your account with the previous carrier still active? What was the status of the number transfer in your selfserve? Was it “completed”?

regarding the call back, you could as well schedule a call back to another Canadian number that you had access to. It doesn’t have to be your current Koodo number

Everything was done by a Koodo Rep at one of their stores. I did not do anything so I do not know.

Is there no number I can call or do I really have to resort to taking time out of someone else’s day to fix this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @ConcernedKoala 

We can see that the port was not successfully completed. We would recommend reaching out to our Porting Team through the contact number: 1-844-232-7678 in order for them to take a look into the situation.