Koodo Community
Question

Can I reactive my physical sim card?

• 22 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi, I recently changed devices from an iPhone12 to a 15 and accidentally switched my physical sim card to an esim.  I would like to reactivate my physical sim since I travel and use an esim when abroad. It is my understanding that the iPhone 15 in Canada only supports one active esim at a time (vs the iPhone in the US supports two).  I went to a Koodo kiosk and they told me i would have to purchase a sim card from them and call Koodo to activate it since they don’t do that at the kiosk.  I asked the salesperson if I could simply reactivate my existing card and he said “you can try”.  I cannot find a customer service phone number anywhere.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, once the physical sim is transferred to eSIM, you can’t reactive back from eSIM. 
However, the information you got from eSIM with Canadian iPhone 15 model is incorrect. You can store multiple eSIMs with Canadian iPhone 15 and use 2 eSIM at the same time (or use one eSIM and one physical sim) .

Thank you so much for your reply. Your information has been very helpful knowing I can continue to use my current esim with an additional one while traveling.  Thank you!