Koodo Community
Question

Apple live voicemail not working

• 17 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

I am a new customer to Koodo. Ever since I switched from my previous provider to Koodo, I am unable to use Apple’s Live voicemail. 

S/w - iOS 17.4.1 (before switching to Koodo and currently on the same iOS version while reporting about this issue).

The following settings were checked by Apple tech support:

Live voice mail feature - turned on 

Hey Siri - turned on 

Call forwarding - turned off

Performed a network settings reset

When I was with my previous carrier, I had this same issue. All i had to do was to reach out to customer service and ask them to disable the voicemail tagged to my phonenumber. This ensured that, all the calls came into my phone’s live voicemail.

Currently , after I switched to Koodo my Live voicemail feature is not working. Requested the tech support to perform the same thing. ​​​​​​They disabled the voicemail feature but now the calls are getting disconnected with a busy tone or “1B1 the client you are trying to reach is not available”. Tech support disabled and re-enabled the voicemail feature, requested for multiple network settings reset / reboot. Issue did not get resolved.  Finally Koodo tech support concluded there is a glitch on Live voicemail feature. 

When I tested the same situation, I can see that the call is getting connected to my phone number and then it tries to reach the visual voicemail but it gets disconnected. 

At this point, I am very unhappy because Koodo concluded the call by saying “the issue seems to be with the live voicemail and asked me to reach out to apple tech support even after insisting that Apple tech already reviewed my settings. 

Could you please check this issue for me? 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you ask them to disable your Koodo voicemail? If so, it wasn't the rightway. Koodo voicemail should be turned on together with Apple live voicemail. If you turned it off, the live voicemail likely can't get proper settings.

I would sugges you turn off Apple live voicemail. After that set up Koodo voicemail normally. Make sure Koodo voicemail work first. After that enable apple live voicemail