Koodo Community
Question

admin pw not working for new internet

• 9 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Alright, so I have all the tech set-up. I am currently using my new internet right now. I want to log in to the TELUS admin page so I can change the name of my wifi and its password. At first, I didn’t realize the username was admin, so it locked me out twice. I figured out this issue, and tried three times--including waiting the required period before reentering my username and password. (And yes, I am using the admin password! I checked it carefully each time I entered it!)

What’s going on? Can someone please help?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you talking about logging into the router?

Yes! haha, sorry, I blanked on the word.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have waited the required time to try again I would unplug the router for a few mins and plug it in again.  See if this restart fixes things.  If that doesnt work you may need to complete a factory reset of the router

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/how-to-reset-your-modem-and-your-router

Thanks for the tip!

Hmm. I did everything you said, including the factory reset and it STILL doesn’t work??

I keep double-checking if I have entered the password correctly, and I am. I don’t know what’s wrong 😭

Maybe I should just try again tomorrow and see if that changes things. 😛

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree Try again tomorrow.

Maybe also double check the numeral 0 and the letter O possible confusions.

Same with the number 1 and the lower case letter l and letter I

Hm. No luck.

There are no O/0s or I/1 in the password.

I even tried in a different browser and had no luck. But I copy/pasted the web link from Mozilla to Chrome and that seemed to have carried over the admin error.

I don’t know what to do! I can keep the wifi network and password as is of course, but I rather wanted to change it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sounds like a defective router or maybe even a router that had the wrong password on the label.

I would schedule a callback via koodo assist and see if they have a solution (like replacing the router)

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout