Koodo Community
Question

Why can't I change my address?

• 31 January 2024
  • 8 replies

I’m trying to purchase a new phone online, however every time I go to update my address (I moved in August, but haven’t needed to update on Koodo until now) it says “Your address will update within 15 minutes.” 

This has been going on for an hour now, and I also tried last night and it still won’t update. Have tried multiple browsers and devices, and have cleared my cache. I see this is a recurring issue on the Koodo message boards, but anytime anyone posts about it a Koodo rep just asks if they can PM them. So can I get a PM so I can get this changed? And maybe have IT look at the coding for this part of the website?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox on my laptop and both Chrome and Samsung Internet on my phone, and also tried incognito mode for all browsers.. Nothing updates.

Just found out that calling a representative isn’t an option because they can’t change my address due to “Security”. 

What a joke. I’m trying to give you guys business here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Gatorclops We do see you have connected with one of our reps and subsequently were able to order a phone online.

What was the specific issue trying to make the address change online? 

Hi Bernard,

I would consistently get the “Success! It may take a few minutes to update” message on the… 30 or so attempts I had to change the address, and then the address was subsequently not update. It auto-populated fine so I know the address was in Canada Post, but it refused to actually change the address. This was after multiple attempts on multiple days on different devices, to the point where I had to actually call a representative for something that should have taken 3 seconds to complete online.

It’s clear there’s some sort of bug or glitch with the address update on the website (there’s multiple other threads where customers are  having the same issue in the past), not sure if the coding experts on the website can be contacted to look into this, but it should not be that difficult to alter an address where it’s affecting multiple customers.

Hi there,

I am also having the same issue since yesterday. I can't update my billing/shipping address online. Tried different devices, browsers and incognito mode, to no avail. 

@Sage0323 only thing I could do was set up a callback and have them manually adjust it over the phone (Even though the bot tells you representatives can’t change your number over the phone, they CAN). It’s super frustrating and ridiculous that a website in 2024 can’t do a simple text change function, but that’s the only way it seems to work. Best of luck with the callback!

Thanks so much. Will give that a try. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Gatorclops Thanks for sharing the details! There indeed seem to be a recurring glitch with a handful of customers. We see thousands of address changes every week that go though successfully. Not that it matters ‘cause we did fail YOU. 😥 We will get in touch with Canada Post as the software we lease from them is the engine behind the address change component. 

@Sage0323 Just tired to reach and help, but got your voicemail only. Sound like you set up a callback though and a rep will get your address updated.