Skip to main content

Trying to set up wireless home phone for my 92 year old father. I received the ZTE box and sim. Attempting to sign up for Self Service, but the verification code comes too late to use in one minute. It has already expired by the time it arrives. The chat bot is useless and sends me to the same signup page where the code comes late.  I understand I need to speak to an actual person to set up a landline port from Bell anyway but cannot set that up until I can get into Self Serve.

Any Suggestions?

How many times did you try with it coming too late?

Hi @Peter McKeen 

Just to confirm, you requested the verification method by email?

Nine different times over the course of an hour.  Its ridiculous that it is limited to a minute...are these Nuclear Codes?

One time I managed to type in 3/6 numerals before the timer stopped.

Will try again tomorrow when hopefully their server is running faster or my ISP’s mail server is.

Super Frustrating… why can’t they set it to 5 minutes??

Yes, Email.

Tried again today and instead of sending an email, it claims to send a text verification code. Only problem is that the sim is in a ZTE box. and cannot receive a text.

Does anyone know if:

1. If I can go to the parent company’s store,
  2.  put the sim in my iphone and call 611
  3. you provide a number I can call for direct help.

running out of options to get his service up and running

Hi @Peter McKeen - it looks like there may have been multiple attempts to register your Self Serve account in the first place, which may have caused some complications. I just tried re-sending you the registration email. Can you please confirm if you got it (check your junk/spam), and if so, can you please try registering again using the instructions just sent?

Thank you!  I am now registered and have requested a call back for landline porting which should happen tomorrow.