Skip to main content

The Koodo mobile website functions terribly.

• 13 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I tried to find some kind of feedback form or email, but there's nothing. Is Koodo aware of how poorly their mobile website functions? I can't comment on the desktop version as I don't use it, so I'm not sure if it has the same problems.

After logging in it will often prompt me to log in again, when I'm just moving between pages. When I do log in again, half the time it pops up that page asking me if I'm trying to buy a new phone for myself or add a new line, even if I was just trying to navigate the self serve section.

There can be oddly long loading times when logging in, or moving between pages. 

When you're looking at phones and have it filtered (to only show you Samsung phones, for example), if you click on a phone to check it out then go back to the list of phones, any selected filtering has been erased.

When you open the menu to click on the help section, more often than not the listing under 'Help' just displays a URL that doesn't function as a link. If you try to click it, it takes you to your account. It's a crapshoot as to whether or will actually have the proper button to take you to the help section.

These have all been issues for a long time, and I'm wondering if Koodo is even aware of them, or if they have any intention of fixing them. It makes using the site a very frustrating experience.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

This is my first time using this part of the site, and it's having problems too. After I clicked to post this, there was no indication that it had in fact posted. When I clicked the button to post again it told me that I couldn't post something with the same title, that's the only reason I knew it worked. 

Also there is a notification number on my little account badge, but when I click on the account circle the menu that comes up is almost entirely squashed off the right side of the page, with some letters on top of each other.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can reach out here. Koodo doesn't use email anymore except for its webstore. Yes I see some od the same things you are. I'm surprised to see it suddenly. I'll flag a rep on the matter to forward.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've experienced most of the issues you mentioned above, except for the login issue.

I do hate being logged in and wanting to chack out phones and it goes to the add a line or choose a line to upgrade. I know what they are trying to do, but yes it's poor execution.

If anything it's a quality of life issue and unfortunately I think it's a low priority compared other things koodo has on the go. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Verklempt First off, a huge thank you for providing feedback, and in a fashion that can be actioned.  I’m going to try to make sure I fully understand the experiences you are describing, so we can provide it to the team to look at.

The “log In” challenges: it doesn’t appear I’m able to replicate your scenario where I get logged from one page to the next.  When you are looking at phones in a logged in status (we look at it as someone shopping) we indeed pop up a window asking people what they are trying to do. If they want to shop, being logged in adjust prices based on your account and a number of other parameters. This window also has a link  to take you directly back to your self serve account if that is what someone want to next.  

The phone filtering tool:  I think it’s fair to expect the back button to not wipe the selected filtering. I will ask, but suspect it’s a technical issue.  What we do have is what’s commonly referred as “breadcrumbs”.  Using this preserves the filtering selection, See below for an example:

And the below after I go back the the selection page:

The Help link function:  I do see what you mean...this appears a design flaw. The link itself while shown has no functionality.  You can cick anywhere in the grea area or even the chevron and it will take you to the specific page. However, most people would think the link does that. I will pass this to the team to fix for sure:

I’m unsure about your experience on this site, but we will take a look at that as well.

Once again, thanks for your feedback!