Koodo Community
Question

texts to new bring your own phone are not coming through

• 14 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a new SIM for use in a bring your own phone (pixel 3). Installed the card today and attempted to text my contacts. Texts send to other Koodo phones on my account go through fine. Texts sent to contacts on Rogers and SaskTel go through but when my contacts reply the texts go to someone who says they have my # assigned to them. (My contacts confirmed this with the other person).  Calls from a landline also go to my phone. Has anyone heard of this/ have a fix?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm assuming you were assigned a new koodo number rather than porting in an existing one? This usually happens because of a previous error during a port request which results in Koodo's systems thinking a number belongs to them when in fact it still belongs to the original provider.

A simple phone number change will likely fix this issue in minutes, but the number should really be marked so it doesn't simply end up back in the number pool. I'll flag an agent to have a look.

Thank you. I was assigned a new number. Are you able to access my Koodo account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't have access to accounts. I've flagged a rep to have a look, but if your self serve account will allow you to change your number that should resolve your issue immediately. (You can change your number once per billing cycle, but I'm not sure if it will let you for do immediately after activation.)

Ah. Ok. Cool. I will see if I can do that. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MrBugman 

We can see that you managed to change the phone number in self serve.

It’s very unusual to have this type of issue, as a phone number cannot be active with two providers at the same time. 

If you are still encountering issues, please schedule a call back with our technical support team and they will be able to further investigate.