Koodo Community
Question

Text messages not sent / receiving after porting number to Koodo from Fido

I have recently ported my number from Fido to Koodo. After this porting,  I am not able to receive or send the text messages.   

I have restarted my phone several times, re-inserted sim card, but nothing seems to work.  I have tried to reach the koodo assist, every time it responds by setting time for call back, but never received a call back.

Its really frustrating and feeling helpless as not able to get support from Koodo for this issue. 

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to make sure.
You submitted the port request, on your Fido sim card you responded yes to the port authorization text.
Then you inserted your Koodo sim card into the phone.

Does everything else work? Calls, data? Just not texts?

Are you using the same phone?

Yes, I have responded YES to Fido port authorization text.  And inserted Koodo sim after that.

Everything else like, calls, data seems to work fine, only messaging is not working.

Yes, I am using same phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, I have responded YES to Fido port authorization text.  And inserted Koodo sim after that.

Everything else like, calls, data seems to work fine, only messaging is not working.

Yes, I am using same phone.

I would suggest you to reach out to the Koodo porting department at 1-844-232-7678.

I have tried this, but got the auto reply that there is no active transfer request on my number, and forwarded to koodo assist.  But I never get the  promised call back from koodo assist. 

I need a callback where I can talk to a person who can understand the issue and resolve it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have tried this, but got the auto reply that there is no active transfer request on my number, and forwarded to koodo assist.  But I never get the  promised call back from koodo assist. 

I need a callback where I can talk to a person who can understand the issue and resolve it.

So when  you mentioned only messaging wasn't working. What was the error message? Which phone are you using? Was it an Android or an iPhone?

I am using Android phone, Samsung S9.  there is no error message, its just that I am not getting any message, nor my sent messages are getting delivered. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am using Android phone, Samsung S9.  there is no error message, its just that I am not getting any message, nor my sent messages are getting delivered. 

Have you tried to reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help? if you have another to test the SIM, I would recommend you test it to make sure the issue wasn’t from the phone.

If the phone was using RCS, I recommend you disable it and reenable again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Aks19 

We have reviewed  the account and it seems the transfer was canceled.

Do you still have the Fido sim card?

If the transfer was canceled, how my kooodo sim card is working for calls and data.  But indeed if this is true,  then does it mean that I am still with Fido and will  get charged by Fido for past one month. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the transfer was canceled, how my kooodo sim card is working for calls and data.  But indeed if this is true,  then does it mean that I am still with Fido and will  get charged by Fido for past one month. 

Yes, you have a different number on Koodo. I would suggest you to try the port transfer again and see if it goes through this time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Aks19 

We have sent you a PM so we can confirm some more details and further assist, please check the inbox section on your community profile.