Skip to main content
Question

switch from credit card to banking payment

they told me I could switch from credit card payment to e-biil for the internet like I have for my phone bill and pay through my bank account but I can’t see where I can switch that like they said I could , so did they lie or what

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ewar 

If you want to set up a pre-authorized payment through your bank, please follow the steps in the article here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-pre-authorized-payments

EDIT: This only works for Postpaid Services. 

For Internet subscriptions, you’d need a debit card (VISA and Mastercard) or a credit card

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From What i saw, you can only use debit for normal Koodo service https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-pre-authorized-payments

For internet subscription, you would need a credit card as of now 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Dinh is correct. Koodo internet and all koodo subscription services (which are prepaid) uses credit card only. 

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/ordering-online

thanks for the reply. so in other words they did lie to me. I specifically asked  if I could pay my bill through my bank account instead of credit card and they said yes I could switch it, I don’t like pre-paid or automatic anything I prefer a bill and if the bill looks OK I pay it. so now I wonder what else they lied about to get me to sign up for their internet

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

thanks for the reply. so in other words they did lie to me. I specifically asked  if I could pay my bill through my bank account instead of credit card and they said yes I could switch it, I don’t like pre-paid or automatic anything I prefer a bill and if the bill looks OK I pay it. so now I wonder what else they lied about to get me to sign up for their internet

Who are “they”? Can you elaborate on it? You need someone to write down a paper or an official link from Koodo to confirm. 
anyway, internet subscription is new to Koodo, they should be able to add debit as an preauthorized payment. I didn’t see any reason for them not to do that in near future.

that’s just it ,I don’t want pre-authorized payments at all. I want a bill and then I’ll e-transfer my payment. I don’t like anyone having access to my accounts. and it was someone on the phone I can’t remember his name that answered my questions and he called me because I am a Koodo user

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

that’s just it ,I don’t want pre-authorized payments at all. I want a bill and then I’ll e-transfer my payment. I don’t like anyone having access to my accounts. and it was someone on the phone I can’t remember his name that answered my questions and he called me because I am a Koodo user

The person was likely from a 3rd party sale team. 

Subscription service is similar to prepaid so they need the money upfront unlike Koodo postpaid that you can have a bill and pay them later. You would have to give them a payment method and there shouldn't be any surprise.

what they could or should do are two different things but it all boils done to they lied, third party or not. now they sound like Liberals who lie to get what they want all the time

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Should you have been told the right thing, of course, but also realize that sales reps are humans and do make mistakes sometimes!
Fortunately, you aren’t locked into a contract with Stream+/Koodo Internet so you’re more than welcome to cancel if it no longer fits your expectations/needs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ewar 

Our apologies for the misunderstanding with the sales rep.

Koodo Internet is a subscription based service (similar to other subscription based services, like Netlfix), where you’d need to register your credit card to sign up. There is no bill for it, however, you can view and download your receipts in your Subscriptions tab in self serve.

The monthly payment will come out of your credit/debit card monthly. More info you can find here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-internet-billing-faqs

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

what they could or should do are two different things but it all boils done to they lied, third party or not. now they sound like Liberals who lie to get what they want all the time

That is all pollical parties