Koodo Community
Question

SIM Card Change email verification not being sent

• 19 September 2023
  • 19 replies

Hi there, I’m trying to change my sim card but the email verification process is not working, I’m not receiving the verification email when select send email.

This topic has been closed for comments

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure to check your spam email folder.

Are you trying to change your sim because you lost or damaged your original sim?

Trying to change my SIM because I bought a new SIM card I want to use instead of waiting for one in the mail, I just started with Koodo today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you get an email from koodo to say your account has been activated yet?

I did get an email saying my account was active today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Based on that email, did you confirm your self serve account?  Or did you register for your self serve account prior to that email?

Nope I created my self serve account after that email and after I set up my account.

I mean yes I confirmed my account after I received that email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Im sorry but have you checked your spam email folder yet?

No worries, but yes I have, still nothing. I’ve tried a few times now too resubmitting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you logged into the community via your self serve account?  If not, can you please do so

Yes I’m currently logged into community via my self serve account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great let me flag a rep

Thanks I appreciate it

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Oksana Community Help 

Sorry for the late reply here! 

We have sent you a PM  as we’d need to some more details to further assist, please check it out when you get the chance.

I am also not receiving those verification codes. I’m a new customer as well, bought the SIM cards from Telus store and trying to update those. The verification codes are not in my spam folder. I activated my account after signing up with a rep.

I am also not receiving those verification codes. I’m a new customer as well, bought the SIM cards from Telus store and trying to update those. The verification codes are not in my spam folder. I activated my account after signing up with a rep.

I have the exact same issue. I just bought a SIM from a Telus store and was trying to sign in with the self-serve account info the rep gave me. Nothing I tried works so I tried resetting my password instead, but I am not receiving any email verification codes; and while the SMS verification works resetting the password fails with a generic error message.

I tried creating a new account tied to the same phone number and it only worsened the situation. Every page I go to on the self serve site just says “Forbidden” now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the exact same issue. I just bought a SIM from a Telus store and was trying to sign in with the self-serve account info the rep gave me. Nothing I tried works so I tried resetting my password instead, but I am not receiving any email verification codes; and while the SMS verification works resetting the password fails with a generic error message.

@puzzledpandaI recommend you open a new thread with a more detail of what happened. It would help other to assist you better. From your description, it wasn’t the same issue as the person had here..

So I had to request a callback and they had to transfer me to someone from tech support to help me update the SIM card on my account. It’s a bug that they haven’t fixed… hopefully soon. 🤷‍♀️