Koodo Community
Solved

Shock free data alert no on second line

I have 2 lines, line 1 has the alert, but line 2 says that it's been turned off and I have to chat with a rep to get it turned on. I did that but they could not help, could not even find the part of the website that shows where the data alert is turned off.  How do I get it back on if even the rep can’t help?

icon

Best answer by Dennis 31 May 2023, 19:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So it's just not in your self-serve at all or is it just not in for your one line?

I can’t find it on the self serve section of the website. Whenever I go there as instructed by the last rep, it just keeps saying “oops, sorry that page not available”. Also, I don’t believe it is on as a few months ago I almost met my max data and never received the alerts that I thought I had. :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So did you go to your usage, check data preferences in the data usage circle? At which point does it say that the page is not available? Did you try with your browser in private or incognito mode?

Let me test it as you asked, and I will report back.

I just used a private window and was able to get into the data preferences. However, this is what I’m getting and the rep I spoke to could not figure out how to set my alerts. Now what?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just used a private window and was able to get into the data preferences. However, this is what I’m getting and the rep I spoke to could not figure out how to set my alerts. Now what?

I’m surprised that they said they can’t re activate it.

I can flag a rep if they can do it from their end.

Yes please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes please!

I have flagged a rep to help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sabatine 

I have checked and data notifications were enabled at 75%,  90% and 100%. I have set them to 50%, 90%, with block and notify at 100%.

Please check when you get the chance and let me know if they show as enabled on your end. 

Thanks! 

Thank you for trying but on my end I see the same message that I posted here yesterday saying that the alerts have been turned off. 

To reconfirm, I have 2 lines. The first line already had the alerts and I could see that on the webpage. The second line had the “alerts turned off” message and still does. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for trying but on my end I see the same message that I posted here yesterday saying that the alerts have been turned off. 

To reconfirm, I have 2 lines. The first line already had the alerts and I could see that on the webpage. The second line had the “alerts turned off” message and still does. 

Try clearing your browser’s cache and see if this refreshes your self serve page

Clearing the cache did the trick, thank you!