Skip to main content

Greetings! I have had 2 Telus landlines at home for many years. The secondary line is not being used as much as in the past and I am thinking of terminating it and transferring that tel number over to a cell phone which I want to use on Koodomobile prepaid. I have a cell phone that I used on Koodo in July 2024 when I needed the data connection for a short term project. In that matter I purchased a SIM card and Koodo assigned me a tel nbr and I paid for 1 month of voice/SMS/data service and did not pay anymore. Yes, service was discontinued after 30 days but that was all I wanted at that time. When I login to that account now it says my service is suspended and the Deactivation Date is Oct 28 2024. So, my current wish is to somehow delete the Koodo-assigned number and to port my current Telus number over to this device and to begin using it continually (forever). Any special instructions for completing this operation?

Thank you kindly.

Is your number a prepaid one? if so, you need to reactivate that service in self-serve (by choosing a new plan). After that you can transfer your number from Telus to Koodo with this guide https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

So after your base plan expired, if another baseplan is not renewed your sim, the card and account will be permanently closed. Meaning you will need to buy another prepaid sim card if you want to sign up again.

Also once your baseplan is renewed, you can port your landline number to replace your old koodo number.

In the prepaid self serve menu there should be an option to change your number and within that there should be an option to port a number over. 

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Note that the land line must be active (do not cancel it). Once the porting is complete, it will automatically cancel the line you moved over. 

Thank you Dinh and Dennis. Your answers were most helpful. Exactly what I was looking for. Appreciated.

--bill