Koodo Community
Question

Porting From Speakout Issues

• 6 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I am attempting to port my sons number over from Speakout to Koodo.  We made the unfortunate mistake of attempting to use the IMEI number in the self server set up but have since learned that Speakout to Koodo porting seems to only work when using the account number and PIN option.

Unfortunately, we can’t seem to ‘restart’ the port process.  We have been in contact with both Speakout and Koodo support on multiple occasions.  Both can see that multiple port requests have been made.  Speakout insists that Koodo is doing it incorrectly and Koodo insists they are doing it right.

FWIW Speakout says that the account # and PIN are required and Koodo keeps trying to do it with just the account number.

At this point I’d just like to have koodo resend the a new port request link so we can try the port ourselves with the account number and PIN.  

Has anyone experienced this before.  Can Koodo not do this.  When we click on the previous link it just say port in progress.  

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I've worked in multi-brand wireless retail, and any time I've tried to port someone from Speakout, we've had to use to the IMEI, as Speakout doesn't use account numbers. 

Thanks for the reply Jru.  From my limited experience through this week of crazy calls between support we’ve learned that Speakout account numbers are the cell number themselves.  

Speakout insists that koodo keeps trying to port the number but with only 1 piece of information and they claim it requires 2.  The koodo reps we talk to say they can only input one piece in the transfer (although we could do 2 at the start of the selfserve before the link got frozen) So were stuck in the middle of a he said she said and it’s not helpful

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I believe Koodo also required 2 piece of information to port. Not sure if you had the information from them correctly. 

You can also try to call porting center at 18442327678 and ask them to help