Koodo Community
Question

Port Number

• 7 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, I used to use Koodo Mobile Number(A)

But, Now I bought new Public Mobile eSIM 

But I have some trouble, So Same number isn't activate, then I received temporary number(Public Mobile Number B) 

I want to transfer I was using number(Koodo Mobile Number A)

I received this e-mail from Public Mobile. So Is it possible?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

so normally you would receive an SMS text message for you to respond YES to. This would close the Koodo account and port your phone number to public. If you don’t respond to the text within 90mins, you have to request the port again as it would have failed. I would follow the public instructions and request a call back with a rep who would be able to make the number open to port without the use of the SMS text after they verify it is you over the phone (this is the manual port part). To do this, you can request the call back through your Koodo self serve account (it will still be there if the port isn’t complete) or through the Koodo chat bot on the Koodo website. Alternatively you can also talk to a rep through Koodo’s Facebook or X profile pages and they can continue the port process. Unfortunately when it comes to porting, this can’t be solved on this platform you would need a rep. I hope this information helps 🙂👍