Koodo Community
Question

Phone stolen and can't activate new sim, email verification not working

• 7 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Phone was stolen, bought a new phone and sim card through koodo. I’m trying to change my sim online, but it keeps getting stuck loading after i enter the email verification code. I’m at a loss. I went to a koodo kiosk and they said I could only change it online.

I don’t have access to another phone number to schedule with a technical rep.

What am I meant to do now?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Eh, did you bring proper id with you when you go to a Koodo kiosk? Normally they could do it there.

I think for SIM card switch, due to fraud protection measures, they need a sms validation sent to the old sim. If you can't receive it, I recommend you borrow someone phone and schedule a call back to it. They are pretty cautious with SIM card switch.

I had ID, but that did nothing about the fact that the verification isn’t working. I’m not going to be able to borrow a phone for quite a while, am I out of options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had ID, but that did nothing about the fact that the verification isn’t working. I’m not going to be able to borrow a phone for quite a while, am I out of options?

You can try to chat with a rep via Facebook/X (twitter) platform and see if they can assist. Links are below at the bottom of the forum webpage