Koodo Community
Question

“our systems arent able to process your request at this time”

• 21 April 2024
  • 9 replies

I’m wondering if someone can help me with support. After 40 minutes on the phone yesterday with a rep telling me I can lower my monthly plan to order a new phone to save some money. I had to call back this morning to get support to order said phone as the website kept giving me the error mentioned in the title. After being on for 21 minutes this morning, a very polite rep said he was having difficulties also processing it and would call me in two hours. I received a call 7 hours later and he stated his systems weren’t working, but they were now. Put me on hold and then came back to say the phone is sold out and basically tough luck. I went on to try and do it myself and am still getting the error. It is actually in fact online. As other ones show “sold out” but this one allows me to add it to the cart. So, that kind of sucks to have been given that Information. It’s been over 12 hours. Also, it keeps saying the plan I have isn’t eligible , yet the rep told me I could have that plan with the offer of the new phone. If koodo is self help and online only, why do I have to jump through hoops of tone of calls and getting wrong information? I have been a customer for close to 20 years and have three lines. What’s the issue? I’ve tried from a laptop, my iPad and phone. Still no way to proceed. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone was it? and which plan were you offered?

It was the iPhone 14 plus $13 upfront and 33 a month. The plan offered was $55 a month 80gig at 5g. Unlimited Canada call and text, voicemail, one “perk” which I chose unlimited int’l calling.  It was the exact same as my current plan of 60g for $60 a month. But for $5 less I got 20 more gig. I didn’t know about the plan until the rep told me about it and it was applicable to the offer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am little confused, yesterday someone offered and you didn't take it? And this morning you called back and they said there was issue with it? Was there any note on your account about the offer? If the phone was soldout, they might be able to give you something else. 

For special offer, unfortunately you have to schedule a call back from them again unless there is something showing up in your selfserve.

No. I wasn’t offered the first day I called to inquire. The rep the first day. The first day I called to inquire about options how to go about an upgrade. No offers were mentioned.  After research between decide specs, and deciding what I was willing to spend a month, I tried to buy online, but the system was unavailable. This is when I called a second time and the rep said I could lower my monthly maybe by getting the $55 plans. I said I would take the deal and he said he’d call me back two hours later - which ended up being 7 hours  later. When he went to process it, he said it was sold out and “so sorry. There’s nothing I can do”. The phone still shows in stock online. I attempted to do it myself and I’m getting the error.  There would be an issue on the account yes, as the rep yesterday said he would note it. 

so no, I didn’t decline an offer. The offer couldn’t be executed as their systems were down on their end, and then were sold out when their systems came back up. 

I’m Inquiring here as to why koodo keeps saying their systems aren’t able to process my request at this time. A rep offered me a promotion and then said it was sold out. It is not sold out. It’s showing in stock online. I cannot continue with that order for that phone or any other phone I’m trying to upgrade. Their system has been down 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Special offer is a privilege that was given out by a rep. It isn't a normal certain thing you could get at an online store. Their system is not the same as normal website. The order was routed through a different order system. So you can't always compare the availability if that phone at that price with theirs.

Anyway, i recommend you schedule a call back again and ask a different rep about it. 

The original point to my post was asking why it keeps saying their system can’t process my request. For a self serve company with no live agent to call into, and needing to wait for a callback when they rely on customers doing the work themselves, my ask is why is their system never working for me to proceed.  how can this be resolved other than having to schedule yet another call back?

why is their system always saying they can’t process my request? For online self serve , defeats the purpose of having a self serve brand when you’re at the mercy of scheduling a call back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your original post is about several issues. However, You already chose the path to contact Koodo directly and ask. That was why I didn't ask the detail about it in the forum.

At which step of the order did you see the message that the system can't process your request? Was there any address change recently or did you use a credit card that didn't have the same address of your Koodo account?

I’m trying to proceed with the purchase of a new phone. The issue is when I click “select plan” it gives me the error. This meaning I cannot proceed with the purchase of said phone. I am stuck at this point. No, there have been no changes to my information for the last 20 years.  Same credit card etc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Puffalumplover 

We have sent you a PM, so we can confirm some more details and further assist, please check the inbox section under your community profile when you ge the chance.