Koodo Community
Question

Number transfer

• 9 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Why does my number transfer from Telus to Koodo get no farther than this? Doesn’t matter whether I use the Account number or IEMI number. It just flags this and won’t go on. I’m also getting no text/SMS requesting authorization. I don’t want the new Koodo number and I initially requested a number transfer when purchasing a Koodo SIM card

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you double check the account number? I think Telus cellular account number should be 9 . You might have entered the invoice number.

Sorry, but I’ve checked and re-checked the account number. One place on the Telus bill has it as 7 digits with no zero in the beginning. Tried that, no go. Another place in the Telus bill showed with a # symbol which would make it 9 digits. Tried that, no go. Tried it several times with 8 digits beginning with a zero. No go. Checked the account name again and again. No go. Called Telus to see if the account had Port Protection or was somehow locked. They say it’s not and that its transferable to Koodo.

Koodo won’t accept the IMEI number either. The instructions clearly say in transferring a number to not put the Koodo SIM in until the SMS request to transfer comes in and you’ve replied “YES” to the message. What do I do when I get stalled in the middle and can’t get that far?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @gravelman 

Sorry to hear you are encountering issues with the transfer?

What’s the error you get when you try with the IMEI? 

Hi Flo,

See the above screenshot regarding the IMEI number problem. Tells me to “Make sure to input correct number “ even though I’ve checked and re-checked it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you! 

We have sent you a PM, as we require some more info, so we try to further assist, please check the inbox section on your community profile.