Koodo Community
Question

Not receiving texts after trying to reactivate prepaid account

• 2 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi there, 

I accidentally forgot to transfer funds to the bank account my prepaid koodo plan is associated with, so when it went to autorenew, my account was suspended. 

I have since paid the amount that I needed to reactivate my account. The money has been taken from my bank, and I recieved a "payment successful" screen, as well as a reciept. However, it still says that my account is suspended and has allegedly sent the money I paid to reactivate it to my available funds instead. I have since tried multiple times to reactivate, but it will not let me. I can't receive or send any texts.

Could someone please advise me on how to solve this issue?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think after putting money in your prepaid account, you would have to renew your plan. Can you try to change your plan and reactivate it.

As well, if you saw any error message, could you post it here? Hide all personal information before posting please

So I just tried what you said, and instead of reactivating the account, I went and "changed my plan". It now appears to have taken the funds that were in my available funds balance. But when I refresh the page, it still says suspended 😭

I haven't recieved any error message, other than it just continuing to say that I need to reactivate the account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So I just tried what you said, and instead of reactivating the account, I went and "changed my plan". It now appears to have taken the funds that were in my available funds balance. But when I refresh the page, it still says suspended 😭

I haven't recieved any error message, other than it just continuing to say that I need to reactivate the account. 

That was wired, if it took your money, they should reactivate your sim. Can you restart the phone with the SIM card in it to see if that can help? 

your could also schedule a call back to a Canadian number of your choice with Koodo assist www.koodo.com/prepaidchat